1 comments

Movie Soundtrack of the Week: Repo Man

Saturday 15 December 2007




It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.


There's a sort of orthodoxy amongst blokes of my generation - and I am talking about the ones who spend their adolescence in the 1980s stuck in small provincial towns - that Repo Man is the film with the best soundtrack of all time.

They ought to grow up. It's not. It is, though, a damned good soundtrack to a weird and witty film. It has Iggy Pop. The Circle Jerks. Black Flag. The Plugz. Even the bloody Andrew Sisters. It certainly beats the Persuasions doing Papa Oom Mow Mow in E.T.

I'd strongly recommend getting the album, if not the film itself. Indeed, if you do the latter, let me know so I can borrow it: I haven't seen it for about 16 years or so.

On the other hand you can get a flavour of the soundtrack by listening to these performances from YouTube: